Hello Amazing Kinder Parents,
Happy New Year !!! We hope this post finds you all happy, healthy, and rested. As we begin our week here are a few reminders.
- Please remember to return your kiddos HW folder daily and to empty it out so that important letters and notices don’t go unnoticed.
- As we begin our second half of the year please remember that everyday your kiddo needs a lunch and a snack. If they are bringing their lunch make sure to label it with their names and the letter “L” and for snack, the letter “S”.
- Please remember that as flu and cold season are upon us- make sure your kiddos come to school healthy and fever free.
- Please make sure to have your kiddos log onto Raz Kids nightly – our end of the year goal is a level E/F…and the end of the year is fast approaching.
Please take a moment to read through our Kinder Newsletter. Click on the link to read up about all of our learning for the week.
With our new year comes a need for some new donations. Below is a list of items our classrooms all need as we begin the second half of the year.
- Lysol Wipes
- Hand Sanitizer
- White Cardstock (8 1/2 x 11)
- Astrobright Copy Paper (8 1/2 x 11)
- 8 1/2 x 11 laminating pouches
- Small trinkets for out treasure boxes (party favor type items)
- Whiteboard Markers
Important Schoolwide Information
Our PTA Family Fun Bingo Night will be this Friday, January 25th starting at 5:30pm.
FAMILY STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Math) NIGHT
Please save the date for our Family STEAM night taking place on Thursday, January 31st at 6:30pm. A flyer was sent home last week. Please review the flyer, plan you evening, and bring the flyer with you to the event.
It is hard to believe that it is already time to begin planning for registration for the 2019-2020 school year! Please let your friends and neighbors know that Kindergarten registration packets will be available for pick up on Wednesday, February 6th. Kindergarten Registration packets will be accepted on Wednesday, February 20th. Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions regarding registration for the 2019 -2020 school year.
If your children are at Wolf Canyon on a Zone Transfer, please be sure to renew your transfer for the 2019-2020 school year. Please stop by the office to submit your Zone Transfer as soon as possible.
JUMP ROPE FOR HEART
Our school is getting ready to kick off Kids HeartChallenge (formerly known as Jump Rope for Heart) with the American Heart Association. Help us fight heartdisease by earning our Heart Heroes Echo, Finn and Ruby right now! As a special BONUS at our school you can also earn plush FINN, by raising $150 online! Get recognized and earn your heart heroes and FINN plush early at our assembly on 1/25/2019! Get started now by going online CLICK HERE to Sign Up and search Wolf Canyon Elementary School. You can earn a glow in the dark members only wristband just for registering! Our school’s Kids Heart Challenge event day is coming up!
Donations are due: 2/14/2019
– Week at a Glance –
- No School: MLK, Jr. Holiday
- 8:00-3:00pm – ILT Cohort Session 3, Wolf Canyon MPR
- We will have 65 teachers and principals at our school today. Parking will be impacted. Please plan accordingly .
- 3:30pm – PBIS Committee Meeting, CR
- 9am – ELAC Meeting, MPR
- Spirit Day – Decade Day
- 9am – K-3 Kids Heart Challenge Assembly
- 9:45am – 4-6 Kids Heart Challenge Assembly
- Kinder dismissal at 1:30 p.m.
- 1-6 dismissal at 1:45 p.m.
– Other Important Dates –
|T, 1/29||· 11am – DAC/ DELAC Meeting, ESSC· 4pm – WC Basketball vs. Camarena
· 6pm – PTA Association Meeting, MPR
|Th, 1/31||· 9am – Red Carpet Assembly- Gr. 6 & Simmons· 6:30pm – Family STEAM Night|
|T, 2/5||· 9am – School Speech Contest, MPR|